Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Afternoon & Early Dinner

After I got out of class at 3:15 PM, I had an appointment with my academic advisor to confirm my schedule for next semester and basically plan out my future. She told me that I am officially able to graduate a year early! I knew with all of my AP credits that it was something to think about but now that it's possible, I'm really excited. Don't get me wrong, I love school, but I want to get right into the workforce. Work experience has much more of a value to me than anything I can learn in a classroom. Also, I'd be saving over $60,000, which is always nice. I have to discuss it with my parents first but I could be a part of the New York University Class of 2013 (weird!).

I had to work 5-7 PM and instead of running home for 15 minutes and then have to walk to work again, I stayed on campus and went to work. A coworker swiped me for a meal in the dining hall and I made sure to stick to healthy choices. I knew this would be my lunch/dinner combined so I got a spinach salad with tomatoes, red peppers, string beans, broccoli, black beans and chickpeas. I also got a vegetable mix with tofu, squash, garlic cloves and mushrooms. It was soooo good, I can't believe it but I actually miss dining hall food. But I know cooking is better for me because I can choose exactly which ingredients go into my food.

When I get home I'll probably have a little snack (greek yogurt & apple with tea), paint my nails for Halloween and then go to bed early since I didn't sleep very well last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment