Tuesday, October 25, 2011

HALLOWEEN!!

In the past, I have always had a love-hate relationship with Halloween. I loved the candy and treats but I hated the fact that I had to get dressed up. I remember several years in a row coming home weeks after Halloween and eating 20 Reeses and Kit Kats easily (my favorites). No, I'm not joking. I knew my parents would be mad if they found out so sometimes I would hide the wrappers or sneak them into the bathroom, scarfing them down like it was nothing. Never thinking twice about it. Then I would wonder why I couldn't wear the costumes I wanted. 


I remember all of my friends so excited to wear their costumes but I never felt comfortable enough to join them. The costumes I wanted to wear (I am a teenager after all), never looked good on me. I would always throw together an impromptu costume containing the least fun accessories I could find. I would envy the models on the costume bags and how perfect they looked while I felt discouraged, ugly and fat, to be honest.


This year, I walked into Party City a little nervous, because I am not yet at the place where I want to be with my body, but I'm getting there. I'm not going to reveal my costume just yet (don't worry, I'll post pictures on Halloween), but I FINALLY feel sexy! And comfortable. And relieved. And proud of myself. And just overall really emotional about how far I've come. 


This year, I am EXCITED to go out for Halloween in NEW YORK CITY! 

1 comment: